Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thirty Things




Wow, I haven't blogged in FOREVER.  We'll chalk it up to mid to end of semester craziness, work craziness, craziness in general.  Sometimes I feel like my life is a roller coaster.  I get excited, I buckle up, and then I hang on.  But then once in a while I just want to leave the amusement park!  The past couple of weeks has been a nice break for me.  My spring semester is finally over, the kiddos are out of school, and summer in the casa has finally arrived.  Life is good!  I seriously can't complain AT ALL.  So now that I have you guys updated, I wanted to share a list of things a friend of mine is doing on her blog.  I think that thinking of topics for my blog is the biggest hurdle to me actually blogging!  So much goes through this head of mind that it's hard to stay focused.  (See above, I swear I have adult ADD!)  These ideas sound great for me.  Some things you guys already know about me.  Some things will be new.  Let's see how it goes.  Feel free to do the same on your blog if you have one.  It sounds fun!

First on the list is:

List 20 random facts about yourself.  Here goes!

1.  I was named after a Russian exchange student that my mom knew.  Hence the weird spelling of my name.
2.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a professional potter.  Not Harry, just the kind of artist that sits around all day and spins clay on the wheel.
3.  I'm a lefty, but I bowl and throw a ball underhanded with my right hand.
4.  Totally double jointed in my hips and legs.  Weirdness flows freely.....
5.  I named both of my kiddos after two adolescent pediatric patients that I took care of when I worked as an RN in our local childrens' hospital.
6.  Loved art class in art school.  Was my favorite subject, other than advanced biology.
7.  All of my cousins, my sister, and I have names that start with the letter "S".  What was my mom and aunt thinking?  Talk about a tongue twister at family gatherings...
8.  I'm a picture taker.  Not really great at it, but I love being behind a camera, capturing life through my eyes.
9.  Aquarius.  Nope, won't grow up anytime soon.
10.  I love to sing.  I really suck at it, but I do it anyway.  It makes my heart happy.  I am a huge music lover.  I have a really weird taste in music, and I bounce around a lot depending on my moods.  Right now I'm really liking old Hank Williams and AC/DC.  Told you I was weird.
11.  My favorite color is blue.
12.  Speaking of the color blue, I especially love DUKE BLUE because I'm a blue devils fan through and through!  Dad raised me right.
13.  I love to cook.  Love to eat.  (Obviously.)  Love to FEED EVERYONE!!  If you leave my house hungry, it's your own danged fault.
14.  I'm a Christian.  Not afraid to post it.  Not afraid to talk about it.  If you want to talk to me about my faith, fine.  If not, that's fine too.  I'll respect you either way.
15.  Another thing you can talk to me about is autism.  I have a son who is autistic.  I have learned SO much during our journey that I never knew before.  It's okay that he's autistic.....he teaches me more than I'll ever be able to teach him.  Good stuff.
16.  I have a daughter who is almost fifteen.  I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.  She's such a bright spot in my life.  Beautiful. Caring. Smart as a whip.  And the BEST big sister ever.  Seriously, I can brag--she's amazing.
17.  I love the beach.  You know the spot where the waves meet the sand?  That's my happy place.  I could walk on the beach every single day for the rest of my life and never tire of it.
18.  I'm a Hot Tamales addict.  I know, I'm hardcore.
19.  I stopped smoking almost six years ago.  Never was a heavy smoker, but I smoked.  And I'm glad I quit when I did.  I could have never watched my daddy go through his battle with lung cancer with a cigarette attached to my fingers.
20.  I grew up in a small town and still have a lot of friends that I've had since I was a kid.  And the funny thing is--when we get together, it's like time has stood still.  We're still the same funny, dysfunctional and hilarious bunch as we were years ago.

Okay!  That's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed.  Until next time....










1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.





1 comment:

  1. Ok i really need to stop reading your posts because God forbid I lose my job...by geez, this is ten times more entertaining! You are a pretty darn interesting lady. And hilarious too! I loved your 20! And I should also add..that it all makes sense now why Khai's dad hasn't grown up... Aquarius.. somehow though, it takes on a totally different tone when its him versus you... lol!!

    ReplyDelete