Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thirty Things...blog #5.

Here is today's topic.


5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?






I'm a happy person.  And it really doesn't take a lot to make me happy.  It's not the material things that make me the happiest!!  Keep reading...


1.  I can honestly say that right now my relationship with my family and friends make me happy.  I have two wonderful children, a supportive mom, and plenty of extended family members who I love unconditionally.  I also have a great church family, and quite a few close friends who I know would be there for me no matter what. 


2.  My job makes me happy!  I am so blessed to work where I do.  It is so rewarding to be able to help clients turn a negative situation into something more positive after 28 short days.  I have a supportive and caring boss and co-workers.  For the past three years, I have felt like I've worked for one big family.  It also makes me happy to have flexible hours.  And the fact that I work 2 minutes from home definitely puts a smile on my face!


3.  Mentoring at-risk youth definitely makes me happy.  I am SO glad that I became involved with our church's camp called Seeds of Hope.  Working with children in different life circumstances makes me see just how easy my own life is.  I always count my blessings more after working with these children.  It is a very rewarding way to spend my time.  I can't wait until camp next month.  I'll be working as our youth director.  Even though I'll have a lot more responsibility, I can't wait to rise to the challenge.  At the end of the week, I know I'll be happy with my accomplishment.


4. I'm happy for the basic things in life that are so easily taken for granted.  For example, air conditioning...hot water for a shower in the morning, electricity, a home phone that works--all of these things make me happy.  I would be quite miserable without them.  I'm also happy that I can afford a nice mobile phone, that I drive a decent car, and I live in a safe neighborhood.  Some people aren't as fortunate as I am.  I'm able to provide for myself and my two children.  We have everything we need and most of what we want.  I'm not bragging, but I know that there are so many people all around the world who don't have what we have.  So even though I'm not a materialistic person, I do enjoy the things that make my life easier.  Easy=happy.


5.  I'm happy because despite all of my many shortcomings, I know that I have a God in my life who loves me no matter what.  Unconditional love.  That is the coolest thing ever, and it's what gives me peace.  I'm happy that I have a strong faith.  He is there each and every step of the way.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment